Sunday 15 April 2012

Inspiration vs. Motivation


Hi everyone,

Loving the weekend here in sunny Scotland!  I've been busy busy busy this week working on my baby blankets, but I also squeezed in, and completed, something new - a great stash-busting dollop of instant satisfaction (well nearly..  a couple of evenings will do it).  I'm saving it up for another post, but that might be a quick glimpse above...

Along with crocheting my week away I have spent far too many hours picking through the delights on pinterest.  It is the font of most of my inspiration nowadays, and I thought I might start sharing with you just a couple of pins each week that have particularly inspired me.

The two I have chosen this week share a theme...



I love everything about this room; the simplicity; the distressed wood; the stripes; the red chairs; the delicate pink blossom.

And then this -



Red gingham & white bedding...  need I say more! 

I think that it says a lot about my motivation this week that when browsing pinterest I pinned this -



closely followed by this -


I think that in 365 days I will have kept my current figure, and greatly added to it... unless I learn to run away from the cake!

Have a great week everyone.
Happy crafting.
Karen
xx

10 comments:

  1. Oh dear, still eating the Easter eggs here, naughty supermarkets tempted me this week with the 75% off offers.....what could I do! I love the bedroom with the gingham. Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post.Happy Sunday...here in Texas USA we are having a Rainy Sunday. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Overcast SUnday here in Western New York. Rained this morning, now, the sun wants to come out, but we will see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Pinterest and really have to limit my time on it as I can suddenly lose hours looking at gorgeous homes, projects and scenery.
    Have a wonderful week,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha ha ha ha! Toooo funny! Isn't Pinterest THE BEST???? I see that adorable purse of yours out there all the time! I saw someone posting the other day about resigning Pinterest because of the copyright issues that are heating up. I haven't slowed down enough to look into that...actually, I want to put my head in the sand because ignorance is bliss...and I'm too selfish to want to give it up. There's some amazing creative motivation out there! You tease with the stash buster! Hurry, hurry...I wanna see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'll be in the same boat as you since cake is a hard one to give up - especially if it's in the house! Gorgeous colours on your crochet blanket! All fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi from California! I am a new follower who came over for a visit via Cozy Things. Love all your crochet here! Have a wonderful day :)
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does dodges running to the cake shop count? He he!!!! I love the look of your crochet, very bright and colourfull, I'm having a giveaway if you would like to take a look at my blog, fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh but the cake is so good???
    http://pbdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete